Virtual Course | Starting a Real Estate Company (Feb 1 - 2, 2022)
$199 CRB Designees / $259 all others
Delivered in a live, virtual format over two days as follows:
Tuesday, February 1 & Wednesday, February 2, 2022
11:00 am - 2:30 pm each day (Pacific)
12:00 pm - 3:30 pm each day (Mountain)
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm each day (Central)
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm each day (Eastern)
Opening a real estate office has many moving parts – more than is possible to cover in a one-day course. This course provides a foundational blueprint of all the elements involved in opening, managing and growing a real estate company.
- Key factors to consider when opening a real estate office.
- SWOT exercise to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in yourself and local marketplaces.
- Economic aspects and analysis of opening a real estate office.
- Independent vs opening a franchise.
- Legal structure of real estate brokerages.
- Resources and references for following the guidelines established for real estate brokerages in your state.
- Setting measurable goals and develop a mission and vision statement.
- Types and styles of real estate brokerages operating in today’s environment.
- Best practices for recruiting new and experienced agents and how to onboard.
- Risk management benefits of policies and procedures and having an Office Policy Manual.
- Lead generation, SEO, and social media presence.
- Communication strategy for your office and team.
- Characteristics of successful managers and leaders.
- Key financial terms, financial reports and how to conduct a breakeven analysis.
- Compensation planning options for sales associates and staff.
- Other business components that keep brokers up at night.
ABR®, CIPS, CRB, C-RETS, E-PRO, GRI, RENE, SRS
Global Real Estate School
John Mayfield received his real estate license in 1978 at the age of 18, has been a practicing broker since 1981, and has taught pre and post-license real estate courses since 1988. He earned both REALTOR®-Associate and REALTOR® of the Year from his local board and received the 2014 Richard A. Mendenhall Leadership award from Missouri REALTORS®.
John has also spoken to thousands of real estate professionals in over 22 countries and authored eight books. John is also active on a local, state and national level for the REALTORS® Association, and served as the 2010 President of the CRB Council (now REBI). John currently lives with his wife and children in Farmington, MO where he operates a “virtual” real estate firm, Global Real Estate School and speaks full-time around the U.S. and globally. Read more about John here.
- This is a virtual classroom. Appropriate classroom behavior is expected.
- Please keep your audio on mute until you are called on to speak. This will help limit background noise.
- If you would like to use the "chat" feature, remember it is public, and a record of the chat is kept and archived.
- Your video must remain ON at all times for monitoring purposes. Any student who does not remain on camera for the entire course will NOT receive credit for attendance. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- You must arrive on time for all sessions and breaks and you are expected to stay until the end. Arriving late and/or leaving early will result in no course credit. There are no exceptions to this policy. We are able to track all login and logout times of every attendee.
- Avoid distractions such as your phone, keyboard, other devices, etc.
- Use meeting cues such as "raising hand" virtually.
- If you need to step away for a few minutes, send a private chat to the instructor or course monitor to let them know.
- Video and audio recording is not permitted.
The instructor and/or monitor reserves the right to remove you from the session if you do not adhere to the policies for this virtual offering.
If you are removed, you will not be readmitted.
There is no CE available for this virtual/live course.
You must be in attendance the entire time to receive credit. If you log in late, leave early, or are NOT on camera, no credit will be awarded, and no partial credit is granted for this Course. There are no exceptions. Click here for more information on the CRB certification and requirements.
CANCELLATION / REFUNDS
A refund, less a $50 processing fee, will be extended if cancellation notice is received by close of business on the Friday before the course. No refunds will be issued after that date.
- Registration Closed