microEd | How to Protect Yourself Against Phishing Attacks
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 6 Lessons
Reports of online scams and cyberattacks are on the rise, but most people don’t heed them until it’s too late. So, what steps can you take right away to avoid becoming another cautionary tale? One critical security measure is protecting yourself against phishing—when an attacker pretends to be a trusted contact or organization to gain access to personal information.
In this course, you’ll learn exactly what you’re dealing with in a phishing attack, as well as how to spot one. Most importantly, you’ll pick up immediately applicable tips to prevent theft and stop attackers in their tracks.
- What is Phishing?
- Safeguarding Against Business Email Compromise
- Preventing Phone Scams and Vishing Attacks
- Protecting Against Malware
- Knowledge Check
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - Free!
- CRB Candidate - Free!
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - Free!
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - Free!
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - Free!