microEd | How to Protect Your Data
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 7 Lessons
Modern-day theft scarcely resembles heists and burglaries of the past—it has evolved into the digital sphere, requiring us to learn new security practices alongside the old ones.
In this course, learn what constitutes confidential data, why it’s important to keep it safe, and essential security best practices that include both cyberspace and physical facilities.
- What is Confidential Data?
- How to Protect Confidential Information
- Creating and Managing Strong Passwords
- A Guide to Multifactor Authentication
- Portable Devices and Removable Media Security
- Using Physical Security to Keep Facilities and Assets Safe
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95