microEd | Having Uncomfortable Conversations About Sensitive Issues
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 11 Lessons
First, you’ll glimpse inside Wood’s personal story and how it impacted his approach to engaging with opposing viewpoints. Then, you’ll learn strategies to use before, during, and after challenging conversations to promote deeper understanding and productive dialogue.
- Identify a Controversial Issue You Care About
- Identify Your Core Values
- Wrestle with the Worst Before You Converse
- Ask Personal Questions
- Listen Closely Before You Speak
- Disagree Tactfully, Argue Thoughtfully
- Thank the Person and Ask for a Recommendation
- Reflect Back on the Conversation
- Think About the Bigger Picture
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95