microEd | Diversity Basics: Foundations
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
Approximate duration: 20 minutes
Diversity — along with the complementary concepts of equity, and inclusion — impact your wellbeing, regardless of your background. Having a firm grasp on these terms is essential not only for a healthy workplace, but ultimately a healthier way of living.
This course will introduce you to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). By the end of this course, you will:
- Have a basic understanding of key DEI concepts.
- Recognize how your specific background fits into the society you live in.
- Know how to contribute to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Cycle of Socialization
- Understanding and Unlearning Bias
- Identity and Intersectionality
- Emotional Intelligence
- Systems of Oppression
- Dismantling the System
- Key Terms and Definitions
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95