microEd | Cultural Sensitivity in Customer Service
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 15 Lessons
Every day, businesses interact with people across a variety of cultures -- from the call center employee taking complaints from across the globe to the barista taking orders from a customer in front of them. These exchanges can strengthen or ruin a business deal. That's why it's crucial to learn to practice cultural sensitivity in customer service.
In this course, explore the benefits of cultural sensitivity and get practical tools to excel in cross-cultural communication and customer service. These skills help create connections amid differences, an understanding of cultural cues, and respect for cultures different from our own.
- Course Introduction
- Why Cultural Sensitivity Matters in Customer Service
- Introduction: Exceptional Customer Service Across Cultures
- Building Trust
- Section Check In
- Communicating with Cross-Cultural Customers
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Section Check In
- Confronting Cultural Bias in Customer Service
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95