microEd | Business Writing Fundamentals
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 12 Lessons
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of business writing. First, you’ll learn how to define your writing goals, analyze your audience, and choose the best medium for your message. You’ll then explore techniques for structuring your writing—and editing and proofreading your work. Finally, take your writing style to the next level with tips to ensure that it’s clear, concise, and courteous.
- The Power of Effective Business Writing
- Define Your Writing Goals
- Know Your Audience
- Choose the Best Medium
- Structure Your Writing
- Edit and Proofread Your Work
- Writing Style
- Be Concise
- Be Clear
- Be Courteous
- Do's and Don'ts
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95