microEd | A Guide to Mentoring Others
There is no continuing education (CE) available for this microEd offering.
This Course has 7 Lessons
Do you enjoy helping others? Do you have the time, energy, and desire to take on a new challenge? Are you highly experienced or skilled in your field? If you answered “Yes,” to all of these questions, then you may be a good candidate for mentoring.
Mentoring is an excellent development opportunity. While mentees benefit from the advice, guidance, and encouragement of someone more skilled, you get to develop coaching skills, increase your influence, and gain a sense of personal satisfaction from taking a protégé under your wing.
In this course, you’ll find a complete guide to mentoring others. That includes learning who a mentor is and what they do, qualities to look for in an ideal mentee, how to lead productive mentoring sessions, and the do’s and don’ts of becoming an effective mentor. You’ll also learn five common challenges in a mentoring relationship along with strategies to overcome each.
- Introduction to Mentoring
- Who Should I Mentor?
- How to Mentor Others
- Asking Probing Questions
- Common Mentoring Challenges
- Do's and Don'ts
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $24.95
- CRB Candidate - $14.95
- CRB Designee - Free!
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $14.95
- CRB & SRS Designee - Free!
- SRS Candidate - $14.95
- SRS Designee - Free!
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $14.95