Online | HR Essentials for Today's Real Estate Company
REGISTRATION: $295.00 / $145 for CRB Designees
CRB CREDIT: An 80% score on the course exam is required for credit towards the CRB designation. Click here for more information on the designation and requirements.
CE CREDIT: There is no continuing education (CE) available for this online course offering.
This one-of-a-kind course will help you navigate the legal risks related to employees and independent contractors. Brokers, owners, and managers need to take great care to properly classify salespeople for federal and state law purposes, and to ensure compliance with the classification requirements of the applicable law. This course will help you understand, implement, and maintain employee and independent contractor relationships while mitigating risk and limiting liability.
- Best practices to minimize risk and limit liability.
- The interview process and the legal and illegal components.
- Classification of workers as employees and independent contractors.
- Appropriate and inappropriate brokerage policies.
- Brokerage operation policies can be applied to independent contractors.
- Management of the independent contractor relationship.
- Exempt and non-exempt status and how to comply with labor laws.
- Lawful best practices for terminating employees and independent contractors and avoiding the common mistakes.
- Key federal employment laws and application to employees and independent contractors.
- Federal and state tax responsibilities and application to employees and independent contractors.
- The relationship between broker and salespeople; management and employees; and administrative functions and sales functions.
This course is presented in the following modules:
- Module 1: The Job Description
- Module 2: The Interview Process
- Module 3: The Hiring Process
- Module 4: Training for Success
- Module 5: Managing Agents & Employees
- Module 6: How to Say Goodbye
You will have access to this course for on this site 365 days from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire and no extensions will be given. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam during this timeframe, you will need to repurchase the course at full price and re-start.
CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS:
All online / self-study course registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please review the following requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
- Your browser must support HTML-5. To test and detect your browser version, go to html5test.com
- Use a PC or MAC with a current, updated Browser.
- Disable popup blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth providing a better experience.
- There is audio (sound) with this course. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers and they are not muted.
System Requirements for the Best Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Non-member - $295
- CRB Candidate - $295
- CRB Designee - $145
- CRB & SRS Candidate - $295
- CRB & SRS Designee - $145
- SRS Candidate - $295
- SRS Designee - $295
- C-RETS/RENE Certified - $295
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|